These little meatballs are the perfect appetizer for any occasion. You can make extra sauce for dipping the meatballs in or serve as is.
Use the decorative toothpicks for serving this appetizer.
Holiday Sweet And Sour Meatballs
Preparation Time: 20 minutes | Cooking Time: 20 minutes |Total Time: 40 minutes
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 large egg
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. water
1/2 tbsp. prepared mustard
12 oz. grape jelly
12 oz. chili sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, mix the Worcestershire with the water.
3. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, half of the Worcestershire mixture and mustard and mix well. Shape into 1 inch balls. An ice cream scoop or melon ball utensil to form perfectly shaped meatballs.
4. Place the meatballs on the baking sheet.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
6. In a 2 quart baking dish combine the remaining Worcestershire mixture, grape jelly and chili sauce and mix well.
7. Add the meatballs to the sauce and mix gently to coat. Cover and bake for 10 minutes or until hot.
Serving size: 1/12 of a recipe (4.6 ounces).
Amount Per Serving
Calories From Fat (50%) 160.46
% Daily Value
Total Fat 17.77g 27%
Saturated Fat 6.6g 33%
Cholesterol 59.73mg 20%
Sodium 126.22mg 5%
Potassium 276.67mg 8%
Total Carbohydrates 31.81g 11%
Fiber 0.39g 2%
Protein 10.14g 20%