1 pkg. (16 oz.) refrigerated pie crust
6 cups apples, peeled, cored and sliced
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
2 tbsp. all purpose-flour
1 1/2 tsp. apple pie spice
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. butter, cut in small pieces
1 1/2 tbsp. milk
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place 1 pie crust into a deep dish pie plate.
2. In a large bowl, mix the apples, 3/4 cup sugar, flour, apple pie spice and salt.
3. Place the apple mixture in the pie plate. Place the butter pieces over the top of the mixture.
4. Place the top crust over the mixture. Wrap the extra crust off the edge under the bottom crust. Press edges to seal.
5. Brush the top crust with the milk. Make several slits in the top crust. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
Serving size: 1/8 of a recipe (6.1 ounces).
Amount Per Serving
Calories From Fat (38%) 155.8
% Daily Value
Total Fat 17.39g 27%
Saturated Fat 7.41g 37%
Cholesterol 7.91mg 3%
Sodium 334.21mg 14%
Potassium 150.59mg 4%
Total Carbohydrates 64.09g 21%
Fiber 3.04g 12%
Protein 2.27g 5%