Not being a fan of the traditional ham for Christmas dinner, instead I serve this delicious beef roast every Christmas. Rubbed with a red raspberry sauce and hot pepper sauce and baked for 1 hour. I only make this on Christmas so this roast doesn’t become an ordinary meal.
Keep a close eye on the roast the last hour of baking. Baking time is for well done. Adjust time according to your preference.
Christmas Beef Roast
Preparation Time: 20 minutes |Cooking Time: 3 hours |Total Time: 3 hours and 20 minutes
3/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup almond flavored liqueur
1/3 cup red raspberry jam
1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
1 (3 lb.) eye of round roast
1 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
1. For sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine the ketchup, almond liqueur, raspberry jam and hot pepper sauce and mix well. Bring the mixture just to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and keep warm.
2. For the beef: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a roasting pan with cooking spray. Heat over high heat. Rub the roast with the lemon pepper.
3. Brown the beef in the hot pan until browned on all sides. Bake in the oven about 3 hours for well done. Turn off the oven.
4. Remove the roast from the oven. Spoon a small amount of the sauce over the roast. How much you use is personal preference. Return the roast to the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
5. Reheat the remaining sauce and serve with the beef.
Serving size: 1/10 of a recipe (3.4 ounces).
Amount Per Serving
Calories From Fat (46%) 95.59
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9.57g 15%
Saturated Fat 3.89g 19%
Cholesterol 50.55mg 17%
Sodium 252.61mg 11%
Potassium 264.84mg 8%
Total Carbohydrates 11.39g 4%
Fiber 0.17g Sugar 4.1g
Protein 15.39g 31%